COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative
Free Rapid Tests Available for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses under 150 employees!
The East Gwillimbury Chamber of Commerce and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Ontario and Canadian governments, have launched the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative.
The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community.
Through this initiative, we will be distributing free rapid tests for small- and medium-sized businesses across the businesses of East Gwillimbury!
Order your free rapid test today!
More details on the Program:
- East Gwillimbury small-to medium-sized businesses (SMEs) can log into the Stay Safe Portal here https://tests.staysafescreen.ca/ to order their two-week supply of rapid tests and select their pick up time. (Picks ups time slots are Wednesday and Friday 1:00-4:00pm)
- The kits will be ready for pick-up at the East Gwillimbury Chamber of Commerce office at 19040 Leslie St. Sharon, L0G 1V0 at your scheduled time. A designate from each SME, responsible for supervising the self-screening collection onsite, will be required to attend the site for the initial pick-up.
- Select a person in your organization that will be your Screening Supervisor. This person is required to be trained on how to use the test kits and supervise those taking the test. (Employees administer their own tests under the guidance of the Screening Supervisor) .Each employee being tested should also watch the training video. This is the video that an employee or trained individual is required to watch to both perform self swabbing and supervise self-swabbing provided by the Ministry of Health: https://youtu.be/RXIEz1YZFDQ
- Each SME will be required to electronically submit their screening results after each occasion and will be recommended to screen staff twice weekly. The accumulated data will be reported to the Ministry of Health bimonthly. To report your results please login to the Stay Safe Portal and click on the ‘Report’ Tab https://tests.staysafescreen.ca/
- If a test results is a preliminary positive for COVID-19, the employee will be required to leave the workplace, arrange for a PCR Test within 24 hours at an approved COVID-19 assessment site, and self-isolate until a confirmatory test result is received.
Questions on the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative?
Contact: Lauren Davie, General Manager, East Gwillimbury Chamber of Commerce email@example.com